I clean out my closet for two main reasons.
1. I am a slight hoarder. I will try and hold onto things because 'Hey I MIGHT wear it again someday" or "I wore this to that event and it was fun" aka sentimental value.
2. I need to make room for the new stuff I buy!
I probably clean my closet out two to three times a year and I'll make bags upon bags of clothes and shoes to donate, and it ends up sitting in my car for months. I feel bad to just throw this stuff away, so I always plan to donate these items but, nevertheless end up procrastinating. Just throwing away your textiles, like clothes, towels, bedding, etc., is super bad for the environment and I try to do my part in being conscious of my waste. I'm not perfect. I don't think anyone can be when it comes to taking action to ensure the safety of our planet. If you're doing even just one or two things to be more conscientious about the environment, I commend you!
If you can relate to the "I'll get around to donating these" mentality, check out all these locations in St. Louis that are here to help! There may be one super close to you.
- St. Vincent De Paul on Christy Blvd
- The Salvation Army Family Store and Donation Center on Forest Park Ave
- Remains Inc. on Morganford
- Goodwill on Forest Park Ave
- USAgain Collection Bin with multiple collection bins around St. Louis. Find them here.
- ReFresh STL on Brentwood Blvd
- Savers on Watson Rd
If your items are beyond donation, you can also recycle your unwanted textiles so the fabrics can be reused again! Check out locations here.