Fire At Centro Temporarily Closes Restaurant Down

A friend and I were near downtown Des Moines yesterday when we heard lots of sirens. He remarked, "I've never heard this many sirens around here." It was, sadly, because of a small fire at popular Italian restaurant Centro.

The Des Moines Fire Department says the fire started in a ventilation system above the wood fire grill. Diners were in disbelief and in fact, the fire department, says about 12 tables of diners remained as the restaurant filled up with smoke. Fire fighters had to tell the diners that there was a fire and they needed to leave.

Fortunately, the cost of repairs is probably going to be under $10,000 and the restaurant should reopen within a week.

 
Taylor J

Taylor J

Want to know more about Taylor J? Get their official bio, social pages & articles on Alt 104.9 !

title

Content Goes Here